Policy Position Statements
The National Association of Community and Restorative Justice is an association of practitioners and academicians concerned with sound, evidence-based public policy on justice related issues. The association seeks to inform policy makers and to educate the public about the potential of non-traditional forms of justice to produce safer and more livable neighborhoods for residents and their surrounding communities. In this context the NACRJ will speak to public policy issues with policy position statements and letters, making them publicly accessible on our NACRJ website.
2019-2020 Re: Higher Education
- Implementation and Management Guidelines(forthcoming)
2016-2018 Re: K-12 Education
- Complete with 12-page Implementation and Management Guidelines which now includes Bibliography, Resources and Videos.
2015-2016 Re: Victim Offender Dialogue in Prison Settings
2015-01 Policy Statement - Victim Offender Mediated Dialogue (VOMD) in State Government Correctional Facilities in the United States (Oct. 6, 2015)
- Implementation and Management Addendum (as of March 6, 2016)
- NAVSPIC VOD National Standards; Colorado Restorative Justice Council.
- Restorative Justice Facilitator, Code of Conduct and Standards for Training and Practice.
- Umbreit, M. & Armour, M. (2010). Restorative Justice Dialogue: An Essential Guide for Research and Practice. New York, NY: Springer.